Operations Research Handbook- Available Now!
Updated: Sep 13, 2022
Director of Analytics Capabilities at CANA Advisors, Walt DeGrange recently wrote a chapter for the upcoming, "HANDBOOK OF MILITARY AND DEFENSE OPERATIONS RESEARCH" dealing with change management and implementing optimal scheduling models called “Why Won’t They Use Our Model?” in PART 2: SOFT SKILLS AND CLIENT RELATIONS.
For those interested in Military and Defense Operations Research or just OR in general, here is a list of what you will find in the pages of the upcoming book...
HANDBOOK OF MILITARY AND DEFENSE OPERATIONS RESEARCH
edited byNatalie M. Scala & James P. Howard II TABLE OF CONTENTS
PART 1: APPROACHES 1. “Modern Data Analytics for the Military Operations Researcher” Raymond R. Hill, Air Force Institute of Technology
2. “Microsoft Excel: The Universal Tool of Analysis” Joseph M. Lindquist, United States Military Academy Charles A. Sulewski, United States Military Academy
3. “Military Decision Analysis”
Roger Chapman Burk, United States Military Academy 4. “Military Workforce Planning and Manpower Modeling” Nathaniel D. Bastian, United States Military Academy Andrew O. Hall, United States Military Academy
5. “Military Assessments” Lynette Arnhart, United States Army (Retired) Marvin King, United States Army
6. “Threatcasting in a Military Setting” Natalie Vanatta, United States Military Academy Brian David Johnson, Arizona State University
7. “Analytical Modeling of Stochastic Systems” Roger Chapman Burk, United States Military Academy
8. “Modern Methods for Characterization of Social Networks Through Network Models” Christine M. Schubert Kabban, Air Force Institute of Technology Fairul Mohd-Zaid, Air Force Research Laboratory Richard F. Deckro, Air Force Institute of Technology
9. “Process Optimization Through Structured Problem Solving” David M. Bernacki, United States Air Force Robert E. Hamm, Jr., United States Air Force Hung-da Wan, University of Texas at San Antonio 10. “Simulation Optimization” Shane N. Hall, OptTek Systems, Inc. Brian M. Wade, United States Army Training and Doctrine Analysis Center – Monterey Benjamin G. Thengvall, OptTek Systems, Inc.
11. “Analytical Test Planning for Defense Acquisitions” Darryl K. Ahner, Office of the Secretary of Defense Scientific Test and Analysis Techniques Center of Excellence Gina Sigler, Office of the Secretary of Defense Scientific Test and Analysis Techniques Center of Excellence
PART 2: SOFT SKILLS AND CLIENT RELATIONS 12. “Why Won’t They Use Our Model?” Walt DeGrange, CANA Advisors Wilson L. Price, Université Laval 13. “From BOGSAT to Turbo Teams” F. Freeman Marvin, Innovative Decisions, Inc. PART 3: APPLICATIONS 14. “A Model for and Inventory of Cybersecurity Values: Metrics and Best Practices” Natalie M. Scala, Towson University Paul L. Goethals, United States Military Academy 15. “Applying Information Theory to Validate Commanders’ Critical Information Requirements” Mark A. C. Timms, Department of National Defence, Canada David R. Mandel, Defence Research and Development Canada Jonathan D. Nelson, University of Surrey 16. “Modeling and Inferencing of Activity Profiles of Terrorist Groups” Vasanthan Raghavan, Qualcomm, Inc.
17. “Expert COSYSMO Systems Engineering Cost Model and Risk Advisor” Raymond Madachy, Naval Postgraduate School Ricardo Valerdi, University of Arizona
PART 4: PERSPECTIVES 18. “How Data Science Happens” James P. Howard, II, Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Laboratory
19. “Modernizing Military Operations Research Education” Chris Arney, United States Military Academy Michael Yankovich, United States Military Academy Krista Watts, United States Military Academy
20. “Strategic Analytics and the Future of Military Operations Research” Greg H. Parlier, North Carolina State University
Officially out on March 2, 2020. Order it now at Amazon.com to reserve your copy. https://www.amazon.com/dp/1138607339?fbclid=IwAR36SUZftAJOwNwX-rPpw4TFWnKmp_nGMqSSPJkh1Vd6dzh5d49nTd1_VTM
Walt DeGrange is the Director of Analytics Capabilities at CANA Advisors firstname.lastname@example.org
#handbook #OperationsResearch #military #defense #WaltDeGrange #book #publication