FREE - Veterans Analytics Course
Time & Location
About the Event
This FREE course will help you reach your career goals through analytics and coding skill development, portfolio development, and connection to the analytics community. Our instructors will help you navigate the changing world of predictive and prescriptive analytics through learning modules focused on real-world applications using modern tools. Skill focus sessions throughout the course provide an opportunity to explore new methods using Excel and SIPMath, with alternate implementations of these analytics vignettes provided in Python and the statistical programming language R.
- Open to all levels.
- Familiarity with Excel and descriptive analytics methods would be beneficial, but not required.
9/16/20 12-2 pm ESDT: Showcasing your Analytics (2 hours)
- The Analytics Environment
- Analytics, Data Science, Operations Research: finding the right path
- Professional organizations and ways to connect to your local analytics community
- Introduction to collaboration and portfolio development with GitHub
9/16/20 2-4 pm EDT: Descriptive Analytics (2 hours)
- Problem Definition: asking the right business and analytics questions
- Data: Storage, cleaning/munging, and visualization
- Descriptive Statistics
9/17/20 12-2 pm EDT: Predictive Analytics (2 hours)
- Introduction to Predictive Analytics: Use Cases and Sample Applications
9/17/20 2-4 pm EDT: Prescriptive Analytics (2 hours)
- Introduction to Prescriptive Analytics: Use Cases and Sample Applications
- The Model: Decision Variables, Constraints, Objectives
- Linear Programming
9/17/20 6-8 pm EDT: Evening Networking Panel (Sign up here: https://www.canallc.com/events-1/free-veterans-in-analytics-panel-discussion)
In collaboration with the CANA Foundation, we are happy to offer this course free of charge to participants.
Reserve your seat today